Thank you for the opportunity to support you and your organization. Your work is changing the world. We are honored to help you accomplish your mission by providing exceptional service, hiring and developing great people to support you, and listening to your feedback to improve our solutions.
As a participant in our support plan, you have access to comprehensive online resources so you can answer questions as they arise. Learn about our products, access the collective knowledge of all our product experts, and connect with your peers in the nonprofit community on our Blackbaud.com’s award-winning support website. You can also contact our support team to work directly with our analysts.
Scopes of maintenance and support
We support all Blackbaud solutions within the guidelines of our Scope of Support.
Our support analysts are committed to providing outstanding customer satisfaction.
We measure our success by your satisfaction. If you contact Support for assistance, you may receive a survey about the quality of support you received. We read every returned survey and follow up as needed.
Hours of operation
Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.ET. Holiday hours will vary and will be posted to the support area of www.blackbaud.com.
Chat Support is available for most products Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, except:
- Blackbaud CRM chat and Blackbaud Internet Solutions, which are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Target Analytics chat, which is available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
- Luminate chat, which is available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
Extended support hours are available for Advantage Priority and Advantage Partner customers.
Our U.S. offices are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day, January 1*
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Presidents’ Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day, July 4 *
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving (fourth Friday in November)
- Christmas Day, December 25 **If the holiday falls on a Saturday, we are closed the preceding Friday; if it falls on a Sunday, we are closed the following Monday. In addition, we close at 3:00 p.m. ET the days before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
How we help you
When you have a question about our products, we want to answer it right away. Our award-winning support website, https://support.blackbaud.com, has comprehensive resources including:
- How-to Documentation: Our help files, user guides, video tutorials, and quick reference guides contain step-by-step instructions for using your software. How-to Documentation is also available directly from your Blackbaud software by selecting Help from the menu.
- Knowledgebase: When you have a specific question or issue, check Knowledgebase. Our support analysts record the answer to every question they’re asked and regularly update our Knowledgebase articles.
- Community: Connect with other users and Blackbaud staff in our robust Community. There are separate communities for each product, which contain online discussion forums and much more. They’re a popular gathering place for software users to collaborate on best practices and build relationships with their peers.
- Downloads: Throughout the year, we release software updates. Select Downloads to get the latest versions and patches, review lists of resolved issues and new features, and subscribe to release announcements.
If you're new to Blackbaud and Blackbaud.com, we recommend visiting Blackbaud.com Help for an overview of our online resources.
We encourage every Blackbaud software user and network administrator to have a Blackbaud.com login; your organization’s site administrator will invite you to create a login to access Blackbaud.com on behalf of your organization. For more information about our online support resources, select Help from Blackbaud.com’s Support menu.
You can also work directly with a customer support analyst by chatting online or calling us toll-free.
Chat Support: To access online chat support, click Chat With Us at the bottom of any Blackbaud.com web page and then click Chat with Support.
Case Central: Customers can review or update existing cases on Case Central.
We'll ask you to provide your organization's site ID, specify if your question is critical, and select your product to ensure we connect you to the right analyst as quickly as possible (review our customer support phone tree). Your organization’s unique site ID is listed on your invoices, statements, and in your Blackbaud.com profile.
Team Approach: 617.583.8565
@BBSupport: Follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on Support news, resources, and upcoming events.
We document each question you ask us in a case, which contains all related research, communication, and the resolution. Every case has a title and a unique case number and is available to you and your colleagues in Case Central on our Support website.
If you contact us about an existing case, enter the case number at the prompt so our phone system can connect you with the analyst who is assisting you. If he or she is not available, you’ll be connected to the next available analyst who will have access to your case notes and can quickly get up to speed.
For new questions or issues, please contact the general Support team instead of an analyst with whom you’ve previously worked. This will ensure the fastest response because your former case owner may be assisting other customers or be out of the office.
Response and resolution times
We ask you to specify your issue’s severity when you contact us so we can respond accordingly:
- Problem: The software is operational, but you have time-sensitive questions or are receiving an error.
- Critical: The software is operational, but a critical feature is failing.
- Down: You cannot use the software on any computer.
Our goal is to begin assisting you within five minutes of your request. We strive to resolve at least 75 percent of all cases during the first contact and at least 85 percent within two business days. Our response and resolution times may vary depending on seasonal peaks and product complexity.
If your support analyst needs to follow up with you, he or she will provide you with:
- A resolution or update on a non-critical issue within two business days
- An update on our progress for resolving a critical or down issue daily or even hourly depending on its severity
- An estimated resolution timeframe for a software defect; we will also notify you as soon as it’s available
Our mission is to make the world a better place by working with the nonprofit community to improve lives.
We look forward to partnering with you and helping you accomplish your mission!